Small Business Tax Concessions
Small business can access a number of tax concessions. A business entity can be
- Company or
The total turnover of business should be less than aggregate $ 2 million during financial year. The benefits may include
- Simplified Depreciation rules
- In simplified depreciation rule, small businesses can immediately write off their assets valued at less than $20,000.
- Simplified trading stock rules:
- In small business, they got the benefit that if there existing stock value doesn’t go up or down by more than $ 5000,then they can have the facility not to do stock take at the end of year instead of that they can add same stock value as at the start of year.
- GST choice on a cash basis:
- For eligible businesses they are only responsible to calculate GST once payment received (Cash basis accounting)
- In small business situation, they are eligible for concession Pay-as-you-go where they can pay quarterly instalments that would worked out as most recently paid tax.
- Car parking and FBT Exemption:
- Small businesses are exempted car parking benefits if providing for their employees but certain conditions apply.
- Business should have less than 10 million turnover in last financial year before the relevant FBT year.
- Should not public listed company and government body.
- Deductions for certain prepaid business expenses
Deductions are only helpful to offset against tax. If business not earning any profit and facing loses it could not get much benefit because the current year looses are carrying forward to next year that’s why cannot claim any deductions in current financial year.
If the business type is included in Simplified Tax System, which is designed for small business concessions can claim concessions if business meet the eligibility criteria.