Leaving The Workforce

Leaving The Workforce

my tax refund today - leaving workforce

There are a variety of options to change employment status for people who are retiring.

As the retirement rules change, you may be able to decrease your working hours if you have reached your preservation age. This can be done without reducing your income. It can be done by topping up your part-time income with a regular ‘income stream’ from your super savings. This income stream may be tax free if you are over 60 years old.

However, this will impact you and your tax situation. To make sure if this option is right for you, ATO recommends you see a financial adviser, accountant or your tax agent to help you make a decision.

It is essential for employers to make super guarantee contributions for all their qualified employees – including people who are making the transition to giving up work.

Fill in the get your refund now form to have an expert call you within 20 minutes and get your same-day refund, or if you have any questions related to EtaxMyTax and Online tax return, you can contact us by calling 1300 698 297 emailing info@mytaxrefundtoday.com.au.

Quick & Easy Tax Refund

Simply fill out the form and one of our Australian tax experts will call you back.

    How did you hear about us?

    yes I accept the Terms & Conditions of this website and authorise My Tax Refund Today (ABN 87145232319 and Tax Agent 23282009) to add me as a client in the Tax Agent Portal.