Important Key 2021 Australia Tax Last Dates
All residents of Australia for tax purposes are liable to lodge their tax return every year. 2021 financial year will be in fact complex, keeping in mind all the incentives and stimulus provided by ATO and government last year. Experts at My Tax Refund Today can guide you through step by step regarding the changes that can apparently be expected in the 2021 tax return and update you with all the tax lodgement deadlines due this year.
Mentioned below are the few important tax dates that can save you from panic and rush from missing the due deadlines.
15 May 2021
If you were registered with a tax agent to lodge your individual 2020 (1 June 2019 -30 June 2020 financial year) tax return, this is the due date that your registered tax should consider avoiding penalties.
2021 Fiscal Year (1 July 2020 – 30 June 2021)
ATO starts processing the tax returns as the financial year ends on 30 June 2021. Known as tax season, you have 4 months till 31st October 2021 to finalise and lodge your tax return. My Tax Refund Today’s team is all ready to help you get maximum refunds and lowest payables.
1 July 2021
You can start lodging your 2021 tax return if you have all relevant documents, information, and receipts ready for a tax agent to consider it and file it with the ATO.
The ATO will positively start processing the 2021 tax returns on 5 July 2021 and process the refunds by 16 July 2021.
14 July 2021
By now you might have already received your Pay-as-you-go summaries from your employers. Subsequently, your employer will update on ATO your Income statements through Single Touch Payroll (STP), so that you are ready to lodge your 2021 tax return. The employers are obligated to update the ATO with your PAYG by no longer than 14 August. You can check your MyGov account or contact us to help you through by checking your ATO records via ATO portal. To know more about STP click here
31 October 2021
It is apparently the deadline for lodging your 2021 tax return. However, if you register with a registered tax agent like My Tax Refund Today you can defer the deadlines until May next year*. Register with us today by filling form here
Key dates for business considerations:
15 January 2021
Due date for companies, trusts, or businesses to lodge their income tax returns.
(medium to large companies with annual turnover of more than $10 million). In addition, all those companies advised by the ATO to lodge early because of past failures to lodge on time. To find out your current situation, please contact us on 1300 698 297.
21 January 2021
- Final date lodging December 2020 monthly activity statement.
- Final date lodgement and payment of October-December (quarter 2) PAYG activity statements for employers and disclose the tax withholding activities.
28 January 2021
- Due date for employers to make super guarantee contributions for October-December quarter known as quarter 2 (2020-2021).
For more information on January deadlines visit: ATO
21 February 2021
- Final date lodging January 2021 monthly activity statement.
28 February 2021
- Final lodgement and payment of Annual GST return/ GST Annual report.
- Final lodgement and payment October- December activity statements.
For more information on February deadlines visit: ATO
21 March 2021
- Final date lodgement and payment for February 2021 activity statement.
31 March 2021
- Lodge tax return for companies and super funds with income of more than $2 million in the 2020 financial year (excluding large/medium taxpayers), unless the return was due earlier.
For more information on March deadlines visit: ATO
21 April 2021
- Final date lodging and payment of March 2021 monthly activity statement.
- Final date lodgement and payment of January- March (quarter 3) PAYG activity statements for employers and disclose the tax withholding activities.
28 April 2021
- Final date and payment January – March 2021 (quarter 3) activity statements if lodging by paper, PAYG instalment notice, GST instalment and Super guarantee contributions.
- For more information on April deadlines visit: ATO
21 June 2021
- Final date lodging and payment of May 2021 monthly activity statement.
25 June 2021
- Due date to lodge and pay 2021 Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), payment due date is 28 May as mentioned by the ATO.
For more information on June deadlines visit: ATO
Hope this information could help you set reminders for your tax due dates. Alternatively, you can simply visit our website and a tax expert will save your time and guide you through your taxes.
My Tax Refund Today is one of the most successful accounting businesses which has harnessed the power of technology with the strength of customer service to enable clients all over Australia to lodge their tax returns online. With a 4.7 Star Google rating and having served more than 20,000 clients over 5 years, My Tax Refund Today is one of the biggest Tax Agents in NSW.
Fill in the formHERE to have an expert call you and get you same-day refund*, or if you have an questionsrelate toMytax 2021 , andmyGov ,Online Tax Return 2021, you can contact us by calling 1300 698 297 Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This disclaimer informs readers that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organization, committee or other group or individual. To have your tax case assessed please contact a registered tax agent.