How Can I Get Maximum Tax Return On My Tax Refund?
Seeking advice from registered Tax Professionals is always good to improve your tax refund or net payable. According to ATO statistics, 70% of Australians use a tax agent service- like www.mytaxrefundtoday.com.au, who can provide them the best advice for entitled deductions to avoid ATO reassessment or audit for wrong declaration.
Claim what you are entitled to claim
Claiming what you spent during the year, as far as it is work related, is the best tool to maximize your tax return or to reduce overall tax payable. If you used a particular item, partly for work, you can still claim a proportion of the deduction. Even if you are not sure about the expenses, it is better to save the receipt which may help you at the end of the financial year to pay less tax. Keeping track of your receipts is a good idea for tax deduction claims as they might be needed to be presented to the ATO. You can contact www.mytaxrefundtoday.com.au for more information.
- Vehicle and travel expenses : You can claim for travel expenses between work and home but ATO is very specific about it. The travel should be directly connected with your work. Generally, you can’t claim for normal trips between home and work –it is considered as private travel.
- Clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses: You can claim the cost of cleaning/washing, drying, ironing and dry cleaning of eligible work clothing. You must have written evidence such as receipts if the amount is greater than $150.
- Gifts and donations: You can claim for tax deduction for every donation or gift over $2 to a registered organization/charity(DGR’s). The donor can make a claim for deduction of gifts and donation with receipts.
- Home office expenses: If you are working from home fulltime or part time, then you are entitled for deduction of the costs incurred in running it. This may include home office equipment such as computers, printers and telephones up to $300. The costs of repairs, cleaning, heating, cooling and light are also included in home office expenses, provided the same is not used for personal or any other use. The phone and a portion of the mobile bill can be claimed according to the proportion of use in business.
- Interest, dividend and other investment income deductions: The expenses incurred in earning interest, dividend, other investment income and account keeping fees, if held for investment purpose, can be claimed for tax deduction.
- Self-education expenses: You are entitled to claim a deduction for self-education expenses if your study is work-related. The taxable bonded scholarship may be able to claim a deduction.
- Tools, equipment and other equipment: The expenses to buy tools, equipment and other assets for your business can be claimed partly or fully, depending upon the proportion of work and personal use.
- Other deductions: The expenses incurred to earn money can usually be claimed, either immediately or over time.
- Cost of managing your Tax Affairs
- Overtime meals
- Income protection Insurance
- Personal Super Contributions
- Interest Charged by ATO
- Union Fees and Associations Subscriptions
All expenses need to be proved as legitimate expenses
- Expenses should be directly related to gain business income.
- The expenses are not for private purpose
- Deductions for specific industries and occupations: There are specific industries and occupations where you can claim work-related expenses you are entitled to. Please follow the link as a guide for more information.
To claim a work-related deduction:
- you must have spent the money yourself and did not get a reimbursement
- it must be directly related to earning your income
- you must have a record to prove it.
Save time and keep your tax organised with the www.mytaxrefundtoday.com.au
Fill in the get your refund now form to have an expert will call you and get your same-day refund*, or if you have any questions related to MyTax, mygov, and Online tax return, you can contact us by calling 1300 698 297 Or email us at email@example.com.